Magical Japanese stock : Mentsuyu.
You can have Magical Japanese stock : Mentsuyu using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Magical Japanese stock : Mentsuyu
- Prepare 15 of *15cm Kombu seaweed.
- You need 10 pieces of small size dried shiitake mushroom.
- It’s 300 ml of warm water.
- You need 300 ml of mirin/ rice wine.
- It’s 300 ml of soysauce.
- It’s 20 g of bonito flakes (if vegan no needed).
Magical Japanese stock : Mentsuyu instructions
- Place kombu and dried shiitake mushroom into a bowl. Pour warm water over it. Leave minimum 30 mins to get all soaked and bigger..
- Once kombu and dried shiitake mushroom has soaked, start boiling mirin/ rice wine in the pot. Cook with low heat until the line started to appear..
- Put whole kombu, shiitake with dashi (in the bowl), soy sauce and bonito flakes. Medium heat. Cook until started to bubble..
- Put down to low heat and cook for 5 mins..
- Turn off the heat and leave it for a night..
- Strain all the liquid into the bottle. I use empty beer bottle..
- Enjoy! I have some recipes that I used this Mentsuyu..
- Me turn on the right top. Leftover scraps can use for other dishes. I make umami frikake with bonito flakes. Mushroom can be used in lots of Asian dishes. Total flavor bomb. I cook rice with this kombu. Gives rice deepen flavor..