Sandwich dhokla. Sandwich Dhokla- Savory steamed lentil and rice cake-specialty from the state of Gujarat. Sandwich Dhokla is a specialty of Gujarat but now very popular all over India. Khatta Sandwich Dhokla recipe is a mouth-watering savory snack recipe.
I make it quite often at home Finally, I made it few days back for breakfast. I had made paneer sandwich dhokla. How to make Sandwich Dhokla-Layer of white dhokla with green chutney spread over it and topped up with a layer of yellow dhokla. You can have Sandwich dhokla using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sandwich dhokla
- Prepare 1 cup of overnight soaked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of besan/gram flour.
- You need 1 cup of small (chiroti) rava.
- You need 3 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare as needed of curd.
- You need 1 of Capsicum chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of corinader leaves.
- It’s 2 of green chillies.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Coconut.
- You need 1 tsp of eno.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and sugar.
Dhokla is a vegetarian culinary dish that is found mainly in the Indian state of Gujarat and parts of adjacent states. It is made with a fermented batter derived from rice and split chickpeas. Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack. Sandwich dhokla is a variety of traditional Idra Dhokla.
Sandwich dhokla instructions
- Prepare chutney first. Grind capsicum,green chilli,garlic coriander and salt and keep it aside..
- Grind the soaked rice,mix it with besan and rava..
- Add ground fresh coconut and curd one cup with salt to taste and 2 tsp sugar. Make a smooth batter and rest for at least 30 min or more is also okay..
- Heat water in the steamer,grease a tray and keep it ready.
- Add one ladle ful batter in the prepared chutney and start layering the tray..
- Divide the batter in small portion use the batter in batches. Add one teaspoon fruit salt to the small batch and layer this on prepared tray and immediately steam the first layer for 8 to 10 min.
- Now add second layer that’s chutney batter.no fruit salt is needed for this layer. Steam it for 5to7 min..
- Now the third layer is again white batter. Steam everything for ten min more or till the knife or tooth pick comes out clean..
- Season it with oil mustard seeds sesame seeds and coriander curry leaves..
This dish is made from rice and urud dal With some pre-planning, this sandwich dhokla are easy to cook. Sandwich Dhokla Recipe/ Paneer Sandwich Dhokla The month has come to an end. It's the fourth week of blogging marathon. It seems that only a few days back, I was enjoying holidays with my. Gluten-Free Sandwich Dhokla: Dhokla is a vegetarian food item that originates from the Indian state of Gujarat.