Mandys steak and mushroom pie. You can certainly make a smaller batch just by cutting down on ingredients. When you seal the meat in the pan, make sure to get it nice and brown in places as this will add plenty of flavour to the finished pie. Rich, meaty steak and mushroom stew topped with golden, flaky pastry.
Steak And Mushroom Pie might be the stuff of pub legends. Super savory, rich, and stick to your ribs delicious, this dish is the be all end all of comfort food. Full of tender flank steak and perfectly browned mushrooms, you've never experience anything quite like. You can cook Mandys steak and mushroom pie using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mandys steak and mushroom pie
- It’s of Pie crust:.
- It’s 200 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of herb de provence.
- Prepare 120 grams of cold cubed butter.
- Prepare of enough cold water to make the pie crust.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare of enough flour for dusting.
- It’s of Pie filling:.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of cubed steak pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 large of peeled and sliced carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of red onion sliced.
- You need 100 grams of mushroom.
- You need 50 grams of frozen peas.
- It’s 2 of beef stock cubes.
- You need 1 tbsp of herb de provence.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It’s of salt n pepper.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of cold water.
A really rich steak and mushroom pie, with red wine, enclosed in a buttery shortcrust pastry. What could possibly be better for a home cooked dinner. Our Steak and Mushroom Pie uses filo pastry which gives it a nice crunchy lid without all of the extra calories. If you'd prefer, then you can also replace the filo with mashed potatoes or even mashed carrots and swede – just remember to adjust the calories and Points etc accordingly!
Mandys steak and mushroom pie instructions
- Brown cubed steak until totally sealed in 2 tablespoons of oil, drain once browned.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute all the chopped veg for 2-3 minutes next add bay leaf, stock cubes and dried seasonings and mix well add beef back into the veg mix, cover with water and bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- For the pie crust put flour into a mixing bowl add butter and rub in the butter until the flour mix looks like sand,add herbs and enough water to bring it to a dough, cover and put in fridge while beef cooks..
- After one hour of cooking add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a little water about 1 tablespoon into boiling beef mixture.
- On a clean work surface dust with flour and roll pastry to the size of the pie dish (10*10).
- Place beef mixture into pie dish and top with pastry, brush with beaten egg and cover with foil, place in a pre heated oven 180℃/350℉ cook for 40 minutes, then remove cover and bake for a further 10 minutes. After all Ur hard work now u get to enjoy it.
But with this Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie, with just one bite, you know it's a step up from the usual pie. And I used it to make this Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie because it makes the most incredible gravy sauce ever. Topped with some flaky, golden puff pastry (yes, I know it looks crazy. This steak and mushroom pot pie is the personification of comfort food. Ben's Steak, Dark Ale and Stilton Pie.