Spicy Vegan-Friendly Sausage Rolls. A rich mushroom, lentil and nut wellington in golden, crisp puff pastry. The most luxurious pie to serve up as a vegetarian and vegan main course with roast potatoes, vegetables and onion gravy for Sunday dinner, Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. These delicious and easy vegan sausage rolls with golden, flaky puff pastry enclosing a savory, herby filling, come together in minutes.
These easy homemade vegan sausage rolls are the best I've ever tasted. I adapted this recipe from a vegetarian sausage roll recipe in my friend's Thermomix recipe book. Spicy sausage rolls: Try adding some chili powder or even some chili sauce to the mix before making your sausage rolls and. You can have Spicy Vegan-Friendly Sausage Rolls using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Vegan-Friendly Sausage Rolls
- It’s of Rapeseed oil for cooking and brushing the pastry.
- It’s 1 of white onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of banana shallot chopped.
- Prepare 200 g of chopped chestnut mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot grated.
- You need 3 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 3 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 300 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s 3 tsp of vegan friendly granules.
- It’s 75 g of hazelnuts, chopped.
- You need 100 g of oats.
- You need 2 sheets of puff pastry-n vegan friendly (if you want to make 8-10).
The sausage roll that started it all. Last January, Greggs launched a vegan-friendly version of its famous sausage roll. The vegan patty was an overnight sensation and sold out Greggs' seasonal spicy vegetable soup includes parsnip, carrot, swede, onion, and creamed coconut for a rich flavor. This sausage roll with spicy mayo dip is as simple to make as it is delicious!
Spicy Vegan-Friendly Sausage Rolls step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sauté your onions and shallots until translucent (around 3 mins). in a large pan until it is soft and translucent..
- Add your mushrooms, spices and carrots and cook for a minute or two..
- Add your stock and simmer for 10 mins until thickened..
- Add granules and stir through..
- Add the nuts and then remove from the heat..
- Add oats and then chill for 30 mins..
- Unroll the first pastry sheet and cut in half (one half will be the bottom and one half will be the top)..
- On the bottom half lay 3-5 cylinders of filling (depending on how big you want these and how many ultimately you would like to make) leaving half an inch between each..
- Brush around the sausages with water before laying the other pastry half over the top and moulding around each cylinder to seal (see vid)..
- Cut in-between each roll..
- Brush each sausage roll with rapeseed oil and cut 5 diagonal slits down the centre of each..
- Place your sausage rolls onto floured baking sheets and cook for 20-25 mins..
So, for the Greggs sausage roll, the mycoprotein has been used in a new recipe made just for the brand. Beyond that, it's pretty much a standard A Greggs spokesperson tells Metro.co.uk: 'We've worked hard to make a vegan friendly product that is as close to the nation's favourite sausage roll. Ready to add a little spice to your life? Spicy vegan breakfast sausage patties made with oats. Hearty, smoky, savory, spicy, and gluten-free!