Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style). Prawn Biryani Restaurant style(Very Yummy preparation). Quick and Easy Shrimp Biryani By Our Grandpa. Sometimes we all need a change from the same old type of cuisine.
I love many kind of fishes and in my area we get plenty of them at very reasonable rates, but prawns are my all time favorite as they are easy to clean an… Prawn Shrimp Biryani is a traditional Indian dish prepared by layering spices, shrimp or prawn and aromatic rice. It is an aromatic, lip Recipe, Kolambi Chi Kavaln , Prawns Pepper Fry, Dahi Jihinga Curry Prawn In Mustard Curd Curry, Shrimp Prawns Biryani – Restaurant Style, Prawn Pil Pil. Shrimp Biryani otherwise called as prawns biriyani is an one pot rice dish made by cooking rice along with shrimp and a few aromatic Indian spices. You can have Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) using 37 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style)
- It’s of For Marination 500 g Prawns cleaned and de-veined.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Yogurt whisked.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 3-4 of Green Chillies slit.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fried Onions.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic Paste.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of Ginger Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s 4 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 4 of Cloves.
- Prepare 5-6 of Black peppercorns.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Mace crushed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg grated.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of to cook prawns.
- You need 1 of Onion large sized, finely sliced.
- You need 1 of Tomato large sized, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mint leaves chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of rice.
- You need of for rice.
- It’s 2 cups of Long grain basmati rice soaked for 30 mins.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 2 of Oil.
- It’s of Water as required.
- It’s of for layering.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fried onions.
- It’s of generous pinch of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of desi ghee.
Shrimp (or Prawns) flavours the rice making it a delicious meal. It goes well with some cool onion raita or potato chips. Sharing the best restaurant style prawns dum biryani recipe in Hyderabadi version that your entire family will thoroughly enjoy. Prawns biryani is a rich rice dish cooked with basmati rice with fresh prawns.
Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) instructions
- Marinating Prawn In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Add prawns, mix. Cover and allow it to marinade for 30 mins under refrigeration…
- Cooking The Prawn Heat 3 tbsps of oil in heavy bottom pan. (we will slow cook the biryani in same pot, so choose the one with tight fitting lid). Then, add sliced onions and fry until just starts picking up golden colour. Add bay leaf and sliced tomatoes and sauté on high heat for another minute..
- Then, add marinated prawns and and mix. Cook on high heat for minute and then low heat for 3 minutes. Do not add any water and do not over cook the prawns. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix..
- Boiling Rice In a large pot, add enough water. Add bay leaves, oil, lemon juice and salt. Bring it to a boil. Add rice and cook until the rice is 70% done..
- Layering The Prawn Biryani Now, top the prawns with fried onions. When the rice is 70% done, using a large colander or slotted spoon take out the rice and layer it evenly over the prawns layer. Sprinkle the melted ghee over the rice layer. Sprinkle the saffron water and cover the pot with the tight fitting lid..
- Place the pot over a high flame and cook for 5-7 minutes. Place hot tava/griddle below the pot and keep it for Dum(slow cook) for another 10-12 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the heat and leave as it is for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the lid, dish out yummy hot prawn biryani and serve with raita of your choice..
- Notes Allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes Do not use too thick or too watery yogurt. It should be just thick enough to cook the prawns without water. Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes to deepen the flavour. Use heavy bottom pot with tight fitting lid to make biryani..
This is also a very popular dish in india. I have used medium size king prawns, you can use. Garnish with chopped coriander and chopped curry leaves. Serve the Chettinad Style Prawn Biryani hot with raita for a wholesome meal. This amazing Shrimp Biryani is very simple and easy to make and what's even better is that it is a one-pot dish and can be made in under an hour!