Tuna patties. All you have to do is say these two words and I'm flooded with childhood memories. We kids are only a few feet high, have tiny feet, scabbed knees, and boundless energy. Serve these crispy tuna patties as an appetizer or make delicious hot sandwiches.
Easy tuna patties recipe that's paleo, keto and low carb. This easy recipe for tuna fish patties are crispy and best tuna cakes for salads or sandwiches. These tuna patties are a delicious switch for dinner tonight and they're made with a clean eating recipe! You can cook Tuna patties using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna patties
- It’s of tuna patties.
- It’s 1 of purple onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of turnip finely chopped.
- You need 1 of kolorabi finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 4 of mangold leaves chopped.
- You need 4 of kale leaves chopped (remove thick part of stem).
- It’s 1/2 packages of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1/3 bunch of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 2 can of tuna drained.
- You need 1 cup of oatmeal finely chopped or instant.
- Prepare 2 medium of eggs.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin for frying.
Why I haven't made tuna patties prior to this is a mystery to me. These Tuna Patties are very easy and quick to make and made without any flour of mayo. Working in batches, place patties in skillet in a single layer. These Healthy Tuna Patties are definitely one of the recipes I turn to when I'm trying to eat lean but still want some great taste.
Tuna patties instructions
- Sautee chopped onion, kolorabi, and turnip over low flame until softens.
- Add chopped garlic and continue to sautee.
- Add leafy vegetables and simmer until wilted.
- Remove from flame and let cool a bit.
- Beat eggs and mix in flaked tuna then add salt and pepper.
- Combine tuna mixture with sauteed vegetables.
- Add half oatmeal and mix. Add additional oatmeal until consistency right for forming patties.
- Form patties and fry in heated olive oil. May bake in oven if preferred – should brown on both sides..
- Drain fried patties on absorbent paper. Let cool a little and serve warm. Can be reheated..
They are also quick and easy, another important thing to consider in life today. The patties can be made earlier and set in the fridge. I've never frozen them, so you'll need to do your own experimentation for that! You can cook these in a George Foreman grill, or in a skillet or frying pan. "Gochujang Mayo Tuna Patties" recipe. These are very easy to make and super delicious to eat.