Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad.
You can have Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad
- Prepare 4 of cooked chicken breasts or equivalent other cooked chicken meat.
- You need 1 of small bunch of chives.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes or 3-4 colourful cherry tomatoes per person.
- You need 1 of small sweetheart lettuce.
- It’s 1 of unwaxed or washed lemon.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar).
- It’s 1 of flat teaspoon sugar.
Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad instructions
- First grate lemon peel into a bowl, then squeeze the juice of the lemon over it. Gently warm your chicken pieces in a frying pan, then add the lemon juice and peel. Add salt and pepper. Gently heat until the peel has softened, it only takes a minute or two..
- Remove chicken from pan, cool down. Wash lettuce leaves, thinly slice them. Half the cherry tomatoes or cut bigger tomatoes into smaller bits. In either case remove seeds to be discarded. Chop the chives. Gently mix all together. Make a dressing by mixing the vinegar, olive oil and sugar together. Add dressing over the salad, mix gently. You can make salad without mixing chicken in, serve chicken on top of the salad instead..