Easy Indian Kolhapuri Egg Curry.
You can cook Easy Indian Kolhapuri Egg Curry using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Indian Kolhapuri Egg Curry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut (heaping spoonfuls, grated, frozen or fresh coconut).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric (powder).
- You need 1.5 Cup of Tomatoes (2 medium tomatoes, rough chopped).
- You need 1 of Red Onion (about 1 cup when chopped).
- You need 1 inch of Ginger (fresh ginger root, peeled).
- Prepare 3-4 of Garlic (cloves).
- You need 1 of Hot Green Pepper (small) (indian hari mirch, or use 1/4 serrano pepper).
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- You need 2 of Whole Dry Red Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Poppy Seeds (khus-khus seeds).
- Prepare 5-6 of Black Pepper (whole black pepper corns).
- It’s to taste of Salt and Black Pepper.
- It’s 4 of Egg(s) (hard-boiled, peeled and sliced in half).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- You need 1 Cup of Water.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Cilantro (fresh coriander leaves, for garnish).
Easy Indian Kolhapuri Egg Curry step by step
- In a food processor, process onion, garlic, ginger, and hot green chilli pepper to a coarse paste. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in wide, heavy bottom saute pan. When oil is hot, add onion mixture to pan. Cook until onions are soft and start to brown at edges. (4-5 minutes).
- Then add spices: whole red pepper, poppy seeds, black peppercorns, garam masala, turmeric, and coconut. Saute until spices are fragrant and coconut has toasted a bit (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add chopped tomato and cook it for few minutes then add frid egg & cook it..