Prawn Sesame Toasts. Crispy prawn toast is infinitely better when it's homemade. Top slices of bread with a simple whizzed up prawn mixture, coat in sesame seeds and fry to golden perfection. Brush one side of each piece of bread with sesame oil.
Find the full recipe details on our website. Prawn toast is a delicious type of toast often served in Chinese buffets. Here's an article on making your own for starters, as party food, for with drinks or a very light meal accompanied by a simple salad. You can cook Prawn Sesame Toasts using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn Sesame Toasts
- You need 200 g of cooked peeled prawns.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornflour.
- It’s of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- You need 2 of spring onions.
- You need 4 tablespoons of sesame seeds.
- You need 8 slices of gluten free white bread.
- You need of oil for cooking.
Prawn toast is incredibly easy to make yourself and so delicious it's almost criminal! This recipe for prawn toast is prepped in just ten mins too! ½ tsp toasted sesame oil. Spread the un-toasted sides of the bread with the prawn mixture and then place prawn side down back onto the griddle pan to grill for three minutes or until cooked through. Enter sesame prawn toasts: cheap white sliced bread, topped with a savoury prawn mixture, deep fried until golden and crisp.
Prawn Sesame Toasts step by step
- Place the prawns, garlic, chilli, egg white, cornflour, seasoning and spring onions in a blender and blitz until smooth Cut the crusts from the bread and then cut each piece of bread into 4 triangles Spread the paste on one side of the bread and top with the sesame seeds.
- Heat about 1" of oil in a pan over a medium to high heat Cook the toasts for about 2-3 minutes on each side Enjoy.
It reads like a nutritional nightmare. These crispy fried prawn toasts should come with a warning- they are highly addictive. Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and press the paste side into the seeds. Heat the oil to a medium heat and deep-fry the toasts paste side down. Sesame Prawn Toasts recipe: Try this Sesame Prawn Toasts recipe, or contribute your own.