Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream. Rum is a liquor made by fermenting then distilling sugarcane molasses or sugarcane juice. The distillate, a clear liquid, is usually aged in oak barrels. Rum display in a liquor store.
Theories include: that it derives from rum ("fine, good"), or from the last syllable of Latin saccharum (given the harsh taste of earlier rum, the first theory is now considered unlikely), that it is a shortening of rumbullion or rumbustion. Rum is a distilled beverage made from sugarcane.byproducts such as molasses and sugarcane juice by a process of fermentation and distillation. The distillate, a clear liquid, is then usually aged in oak and other barrels. You can have Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream
- You need 1 litre of Good Quality Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rum steeped Raisins OR Sultanas.
- It’s of OR Soak Raisins OR Sultanas in 2-3 tablespoons Rum.
- You need 1/2 cup of Candied Pineapple.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Unsalted Pistachio Nuts *OR Almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shaved Dark Chocolate.
- It’s of Zest of 1 Lemon *grated, IMPORTANT.
Rum lovers around the world owe a great debt to a simple plant, the sugar cane, which creates two main types: light and dark. Find out the new bottles, recipes and trends in the rum world. Rum is the most delicious alcohol known to the human population. It transcends race, ethnicity , sexuality , and intellect.
Rum & Raisin Cassata Ice Cream instructions
- If you don’t have already steeped Raisins (OR Sultanas), place Raisins in a small heat-proof bowl, soak in Boiling Water for 10 minutes, then drain very well. Pour 2-3 tablespoons Rum over, and set aside for 30 minutes..
- Chop up Candied Pineapple finely. If you use Almonds, chop them up as well. Shave Dark Chocolate..
- Place Ice Cream in a large bowl, break it up, and allow to soften. When it is soft enough, stir with a large spoon or spatula, add other ingredients, and mix to combine..
- Transfer to a container and freeze until firm. It’s a good idea to serve it in ice cream cones. *Note: This Ice Cream is alcoholic and only for grown-ups..
- *Note: Alternatively, you can freeze it in a loaf tin lined with plastic wrap to make it into an Ice Cream Cake, OR sandwich it with two slices of Sponge Cake..
Rum definition: Rum is an alcoholic drink made from sugar. Rum is a spirit wrought with history and is featured in various genres of lore. Simply looking at a Rum is distilled in either pot or column stills and laid to rest in barrels – often old bourbon barrels but other. Meaning of rum in English. rum [rʌm]Существительное. rum / rums. Rum is a distilled spirit traditionally made from sugarcane juice or molasses and typically aged in oak barrels, although experimentation with other barrels also takes place.