You can cook Cheddar Carbonara using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Carbonara
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 60 of grated cheddar.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare 250 g of dry spagetti (half a packet.
- Prepare 1 handful of spinache.
- Prepare 1 handful of parsley.
- It’s 259 g of bacon.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
Cheddar Carbonara instructions
- Separate three egg yolks and add the grated cheese and black pepper to taste. Mix well with a fork and set aside..
- Heat a deep pan and melt the coconut oil. Dice the bacon and peel and crush the garlic cloves with your hand. Fry until browned..
- Prepare the spagetti by bringing hot water to the boil. Remember to season the water with salt and add olive oil to the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together..
- When the pasta is cooked, strain but keep the pasta water one side..
- Chop the baby spinach and parsley and add it to the pan with the browned bacon. Once wilted add the cooked pasta and stir up well to spread the flavour in the oil. Remove the pot from the heat..
- Pour about four cups of the pasta water back into the pot and add the egg yolk and cheese mixture. Mix well for about 5 minutes while the heat from the pan slowly cooks the egg into a creamy, delicious sauce..