Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan). Couscous with Tomato Sauce, vegetable and lamb meat (Couscous my way 😉 There is tons of ways to prepare couscous : variation in spicing , meat , vegetable. Hello and welcome to my channel. Toady's recipe is a staple dish from my country, Tunisia, it is a dish that we prepare when we have guests, in our wedding.
Also making tagine too ill let u know how it goes! That said, the best way to get used to the vegetarian GM diet is to eat delicious fruit and vegetable meals. If you are a vegan then this does not become an option. You can have Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan)
- Prepare 1 of + 2 yellow onions.
- Prepare 1 of veggie soup square.
- It’s 100 g of couscous.
- It’s 100 g of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- Prepare 70 g of golden raisins.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tunisian spice mix.
- You need 4 of yellow peppers.
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oregano to tast.
- Prepare 1 of eggplant.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
Simple, easy to prepare and tastes delicious. Plus free Milk Street recipes delivered to your inbox each Monday and access to every TV recipe. By Emma Waverman and Eshun Mott. This article should come with a warning for hot sauce lovers: Tunisian cuisine is very addictive on its own, but combine it with harissa and you may never be able to eat anything else. couscous machine israeli couscous couscous extruder machine tunisian dates couscous pot couscous grain couscous tunisia couscous cooker stainless steel tunisian milk morroccan couscous tunisian sweets giant couscous More.
Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) step by step
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
This is from my French-Tunisian sister-in-law, direct from her mother in Bir Ali bin Khalifa, Tunisia. Put the finished couscous into a large shallow bowl, flatten, place cooked veggies and chickpeas The Best Way to Reheat Steak May Surprise You. by Chowhound Editors The couscous is exactly the same taste as Tunisian food, however the Debbla taste was a bit of than Tunisian way. My wife and me heard a lot about this restaurant since we moved here to Korea.and to be honest we were little bit curious about the quality of the food as Tunisian ingredients are not. Tunisian Couscous: For those who ever tried Tunisian couscous, and didn't had the occasion to savor it again, I will be you savior !