Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart. Carefully pour hot lemon filling over raspberry mixture in crust. Cover and refrigerate any remaining tart. This Lemon Meringue Tart is very similar to the Lemon Curd Tart recipe on the site except it is topped with a billowy sweet meringue.
Think lemon meringue pie, but lighter and more sophisticated! Perfect for showers, Mother's Day and beyond! Before starting this Lemon & Meringue with Raspberry & Mascarpone Chantilly Cream Tart in Individual Tartlets, organise the necessary For the lemon filling: Squeeze the lemons. You can cook Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart
- You need of Sable Tart Shell.
- Prepare 25 g of Almond meal.
- You need 50 g of Potato Starch.
- It’s 170 g of Plain flour.
- You need 85 g of Icing Sugar.
- You need 90 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 g of salt.
- You need of Lemon Curd.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornflour.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 30 g of butter.
- You need 1 of finely grated lemon zest.
- You need of Meringue.
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of caster sugar.
- It’s of Raspberry Purée.
- Prepare 100 g of frozen raspberries.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
If you're using fresh lemons, you will obtain a cream with a bit more acidity. Whether you like a tart taste or not is a. Dessert Fruit No Bake Pies & Tarts. I wasn't sure if I was going to share this easy lemon meringue tart on the blog but so many of you asked for the recipe after seeing it on Instagram, that I just had to post it!
Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart instructions
- For the tart shells, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a stand mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the room temperature butter for 10-15 minutes or until light and fluffy. Meanwhile, combine the almond meal, potato starch, plain flour and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- Add the icing sugar into the butter mix. Beat for a further 2 minutes. Reduce the speed and add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Increase the speed and beat for 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Divide the dough in two and wrap in cling film, set aside the discs in the freezer for 1hr..
- Lightly spray 8cm diameter tart rings with cooking spray. Portion the chilled pastry into golf sized balls. Roll pastry in between two parchment papers to make a thin layer and place in the tart rings, pressing the sides with fingertips to push out excess pastries. Cut off excess pastry and repeat for the rest of the tart rings. Chill the pastry in the freezer for 20 minutes..
- Blind bake the pastry for 10-12 minutes. Remove the baking beans and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside to chill..
- In a saucepan, cook frozen raspberries, sugar and lemon cook till soften and thick. Using an immersion blender, blend the cooked raspberries till purée and sieve to remove seeds and set aside to chill..
- To make the lemon curd, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and cornflour in a saucepan, until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 mins..
- Stir in yolks, butter and rind and allow to cool slightly. Spoon small amount of raspberry purée into prepared cases followed by the lemon curd, levelling top. Chill until firm..
- To make the meringue, in a clean, dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy..
- Increase oven to very hot (220C). Dollop meringue roughly over filling in each tart. Bake for 4-5 mins until lightly browned. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container..
Sweet and tart raspberry lemon tartlets with meringue topping! To make any good tart, you need to start off with a great dough recipe! For these raspberry tartlets, I decided to go with a shortbread crust to minimize shrinking and to give the tarts more flavor. Mary Berry Lemon Meringue Lemon Meringue Cookies Mini Lemon Meringue Pies Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Meringue Frosting Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe Paula Deen Mini Lemon Tarts Lemon Tartlets Mini Desserts. My lemon meringue pie recipe has a billowy and toasty meringue topping, a balanced sweet/tart lemon filling, and an extra thick and flaky pie crust.