Lettuce (or Pak Choi) with oyster sauce. Obviously, this lettuce with oyster sauce dish can not be considered as vegetarian since it contains oyster extracts. In fact, you can blanch other vegetables, such as broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, pak choi, then serve with the same sauce. Be aware that you would need to.
As always, this recipe is super simple and also suitable for beginners. Pak choi is one of my favourite leafy vegetables which I absolutely enjoy. After a long day at work, this is the to-go vegetable dish that can be whipped up without a fuss. You can have Lettuce (or Pak Choi) with oyster sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lettuce (or Pak Choi) with oyster sauce
- You need half of to whole a lettuce or three to four Pak Choi.
- You need of 【Oyster Sauce】.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of say sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sake (Japanese rice wine) or Dry Sherry.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Vegetable oil. (I used rice bran oil).
- It’s 2 tsp of sesami oil.
For a vegetarian or vegan option, use mushroom sauce to replace oyster sauce. Mushroom sauce can be found at Asian grocers. Great Chinese Lettuce Wraps are all about the sauce. The Chinese name for Lettuce Wraps is San Choy Bow which is how it's written in menus at Chinese restaurants here in Sydney, though the spelling varies widely from place to place and I'm yet to find a.
Lettuce (or Pak Choi) with oyster sauce instructions
- Boil the water and boil the lettuce about 1-2 mins. Then, drain them with a colander. Put them under running cold water with a colander to get rid of the heat. Plumage them in the cold water preferably with ice and drain the water..
- Put all sauce ingredients in a microwave-safe cup and mix. Microwave it for about 20 seconds. Mix well..
- Pour the sauce onto the lettuce and it is ready to serve..
Blanch the pak choi in the boiling water just until half-cooked. Remove from water and arrange on a serving dish. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and cook for another minute. This recipe describes one way on cooking bok choy. This is one of my favorites along with bok choy guisado.