Classic Carbonara recipe. Spaghetti carbonara traditional recipe is an Italian recipe whose origins are in Lazio. The recipe wants pecorino romano because it's a cheese born in Lazio, while Parmigiano reggiano belongs to another. Recipe by: KMOMMYZ. "This is the classic version of carbonara I grew up eating.
Discover how to make our best spaghetti carbonara recipe. This cheesy pasta dish is an Italian favourite. A recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. You can cook Classic Carbonara recipe using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Carbonara recipe
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 50 grams of pancetta(or you may use bacon if you like).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 300 grams of Spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 150 grams of grated Peggorino(if you can't find this kind of cheese,feel free to use mozarella or swiss).
- You need 1 liter of water for boiling.
Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish from Rome made with egg, hard cheese and pepper. The recipe is not fixed, with any sort of hard cheese. Here's everything to remember when making our easy recipe. To make an authentic carbonara sauce, you need eggs and Parmesan.
Classic Carbonara recipe instructions
- Bring the water to boil then add about a teaspoon of salt to it. After it starts to make really big bubbles,add your spaghetti..
- After your spaghetti is ready,drain them. But DO NOT throw away the water,because you need to make the carbonara sauce with it..
- Pour the olive oil in a pan and fry the Pancetta until it becomes translucent. Then add your pasta and stir for 2-4 minutes..
- Take 1/2 a cup of the water where your pasta has boiled and add it to the pancetta&spaghetti. Stir slowly for another 2-5 minutes. If your the spaghetti looks dry, add more water..
- Season with salt and pepper as you prefer. Add 100 grams of the grated Peggorino..
- Remove from heat and add the eggs. Stir until the eggs are scrambled..
- Serve it with the remaining Peggorino on top..
I repeat, YOU DO NOT NEED HEAVY CREAM. Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara—indulgent and delicious, yet so easy! Learn how to make carbonara sauce with bacon or pancetta and loads of parmesan. Pingback: Classic Carbonara (with Pancetta or Guanciale) I recently did a little experimenting and came up with a great recipe for Carbonara Made with Farm Fresh Eggs, Topped.