Macaroni cheese with a twist. Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my recipe for. Description My House seasoning: Salt Pepper Seasoning salt (any brand) Garlic powder Cayenne pepper Onion powder Paprika or (Smoked) I pre mix all this.
I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks: "The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook" Besides being a great dairy free recipe for "mac and cheese", the flavor of the dish from the miso, tofu and lemon is really unique. It's also a fun way to sneak tofu into the diets of non vegetarians. A creamy treat of macaroni and cheese, baked to gooey perfection with a hint of Tex-Mex flavour – this baked pasta casserole is what we call a weeknight winner! You can have Macaroni cheese with a twist using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Macaroni cheese with a twist
- Prepare 500 g of pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Cheese sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 50 g of plain flour.
- You need 750 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 250 g of grated cheddar.
- It’s of Chorizo crumb.
- You need 100 g of chorizo.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 slice of bread.
- Prepare 250 g of grated cheddar.
Serve with a crisp mixed green salad tossed with your favourite Kraft Dressing. Macaroni & cheese with a twist. Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my recipe for Macaroni & cheese with a twist.
Macaroni cheese with a twist instructions
- Boil water with oil and salt. Cook the pasta to al dente. Strain..
- Prepare the cheese sauce. Melt butter, add flour to create a roux. Reduce the heat and gradually add milk until the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper and gradually cook the sauce. Once the sauce is bubbling add the mustard and the cheese..
- Add the sauce to the pasta and pour into a baking dish..
- Create the chorizo crumb. Slice the chorizo into small cubes. Fry the chorizo in olive oil until crispy. Take off the heat and add the honey and thyme. Crumb the bread in a food processor. Add to the chorizo whilst it’s hot. The oil will be absorbed by the crumbs. Let the crumbs cool down..
- Pour the grated cheese over the pasta..
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cheese. Bake the pasta for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crumb becomes crispy..
RELATED: Thomas Jefferson's Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. Caroline's Macaroni Pie is just one of many time-tested dishes in Morey's new cookbook, Callie's Biscuits and Southern Traditions: Heirloom Recipes from Our Family Kitchen (Atria Books). Weaving easy-to-make recipes, culled from her own. Twisted Mac & Cheese with Sausage ~ A delicious spicy twist on the traditional macaroni and cheese! Macaroni and Cheese Baked Cheese Balls ~ A healthier version of macaroni and cheese balls because they aren't fried but baked.