Aubergine, tomatoes and olives pasta sauce (vegan). This aubergine pasta is a brilliant vegetarian pasta recipe from Jamie Oliver. Spicy, satisfying lumps of aubergine fried in garlicky oil, then nestled in a pungent tomatoey sauce. With golden aubergine, fresh tomatoes and a fragrant coconut sauce, this veggie curry's a Flavour basic grains with sundried tomatoes, aubergines, red peppers and olives for a versatile side dish.
Pappardelle con Melanzane Pasta with Aubergines, Tomatoes and Garlic Sauce. Many people steer clear of aubergine and yet it really is an easy vegetable to prepare. In this sauce, it enhances the tomato flavour without overpowering it, so if you have children who don't. You can have Aubergine, tomatoes and olives pasta sauce (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aubergine, tomatoes and olives pasta sauce (vegan)
- Prepare 2 of aubergines.
- It’s 2 of shallots.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 handful of olives (better if without the pips to avoid accidents).
- Prepare 1 of tinned tomatoes (I used tinned cherry tomatoes).
- You need Pinch of sugar.
- It’s 500 g of pasta.
- Prepare 2-4 leaves of basil.
This is guilt-free comfort food at it's very best! Jamie's 'Happiness Pasta' is made with aubergine, tomatoes, chilli & garlic, all cooked down into a. Drain and add to the tomato sauce, tossing to coat. Add the vegballs then divide between bowls and top with a few extra.
Aubergine, tomatoes and olives pasta sauce (vegan) step by step
- Start by chopping the aubergines and the shallots ready for cooking making the whole process quicker. Put on water to boil for the pasta with a half handful of rock salt and a big pot.
- Cook the shallots in a pan with some oil on low fire until soft. Add the aubergines and mix well..
- Add the tinned tomatoes, the vegetable stock crumbled and the olives. Add the pinch of sugar to remove the acid of the tomatoes and the basil leaves..
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes or so on low heat. Meanwhile cook the pasta and check it about 1-2 minutes whatever time it says on the package to ensure that it’s al dente. Drain the pasta keeping some of the water in case the sauce is too dry and add the sauce to the pasta pot steering well..
Add the olive oil and rub in to create a breadcrumb-like mixture. Now add the water and knead to. To get this recipe together, you can use any pasta you like. Cut aubergine into cubes and sprinkle with salt. Aubergine parmigiana is one of the most iconic Italian dishes.