You can have Vegan Tacos using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Tacos
- Prepare 900 grams of refried beans (recipe on my page).
- You need 12 of small corn tortillas or soft taco shells.
- It’s Half of a green bell pepper thinly sliced.
- It’s Half of a yellow bell pepper thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of brown onion thinly sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fajita seasoning.
- You need 1 of large tomato, finely diced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chilli paste.
- Prepare 5-6 leaves of baby gem lettuce thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
Vegan Tacos step by step
- To make the Fajita- In a saucepan, heat oil and add the sliced green and yellow peppers once hot. Sauté on high heat for a couple of minutes. Then add the onions, fajita seasoning and salt. Sauté until onions just begin to turn soft. Keep aside to cool..
- To make the tomato salsa- Add chilli paste and a pinch of salt to the diced tomatoes. Mix well in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for just about a minute. Keep aside to cool..
- Now it’s only a matter of putting them all together. On a tortilla, first add about a tablespoon of refried beans. Layer that with some lettuce. Third comes the fajita. Top this off with some tomato salsa..
- OPTIONAL: If you want to add some sour cream to top this, by all means do. I know I would have! But in keeping with the vegan title, I have decided to include this as an optional step. Do add some vegan sour cream if you wish!.