Classic Pesto Pasta.
You can have Classic Pesto Pasta using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Pesto Pasta
- Prepare 100 g of spaghetti.
- It’s 50 g of pine nuts.
- Prepare 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese (or vegan alternative).
- Prepare 80 g of (or a large handful) fresh basil.
- Prepare 100-150 mls of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
Classic Pesto Pasta step by step
- Prepare your ingredients before starting, begin by gathering everything you need..
- Remove the skin of your garlic cloves, and crush with a garlic press. Chop the garlic finely with a knife if you don’t have a press. Add the chopped garlic to your food processor..
- Remove the thick stems from your basil and discard, place the washed leaves into the food processor. Add the pine nuts, 100 mls of the oil and the parmesan too..
- Blend the mixture, you may need to scrape down the sides of the blender several times to get all of the ingredients incorporated fully. If it’s too thick, add more olive oil..
- That’s it! Set your sauce to one side while you cook your pasta according the pasta manufacturers instructions. Then mix the spaghetti with a couple of tbsp of pesto. Top with a few more pine nuts and serve..