Greek Salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes.
The Greek salad horiatiki is a salad as refreshing and generous as the summer sun. It is a compilation of summer vegetables, roughly chopped with a drizzling of good extra virgin olive oil, a handful of dark. One of the most famous Greek recipes that anyone who has visited Greece during the Summer vacations has tried it. You can cook Greek Salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- Prepare 4 oz of chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 oz of spinach.
- It’s 2 oz of romaine lettuce.
- You need 1/8 cup of feta cheese.
- It’s 1/2 of roma tomato.
- Prepare 1 slice of onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 oz of greek salad dressing.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
Greek salad is one of the most famous salads out there. Its classic ingredients are fresh tomato, cucumbers, capers, onion, feta cheese, olives, green bell pepper, and at least two or three spoonfuls. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement.
Greek Salad instructions
- Chop spinach and lettuce. Wash and let dry..
- Cut tomato in half, and dice one half. Set other half aside. Cut slice of onion, core, and cut into quarters..
- Cut chicken into 1" strips, and place into Zip-loc bag. Add lemon juice, pepper, and salt, and shake..
- Place chicken into frying pan, and cook until strips are at 165°F..
- Plate lettuce, spinach, tomato, and onion. Arrange chicken, and sprinkle cheese. Drizzle dressing over top..
A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing. Made properly – which means no lettuce leaves and a simple, beautiful red wine vinegar dressing! A fresh and colourful salad that's great with grilled meats, or on its own as a main, from BBC Good Food Magazine. Make a fresh and colourful Greek salad in no time. Tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese — Greek salads are brimming with flavorful ingredients.