My Vietnamese inspired beef pho 🍲.
You can have My Vietnamese inspired beef pho 🍲 using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Vietnamese inspired beef pho 🍲
- It’s of For the broth.
- Prepare of Beef bones.
- You need of onions (halved).
- Prepare of garlic cloves (halved).
- It’s of Ginger (halved).
- Prepare of black peppercorns.
- Prepare of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare of star anise.
- You need of red wine.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- You need of rice noodles.
- You need of Sirloin steak.
- It’s of spring onions.
- You need of Basil.
- It’s of chilli pepper.
- It’s of prepared cooked, shelled mussels.
- Prepare of lime.
My Vietnamese inspired beef pho 🍲 instructions
- On a tray place bones season well and roast for 1/2 hour at 200, do the same with onion, garlic and ginger. In a dry pan lightly toast cinnamon, peppercorns and star anise to release flavour.
- Add bones, onions, garlic, ginger and toasted spices into a large heavy based saucepan and fill with water. Add red wine, soy sauce and fish sauce. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 2-3 hours topping up with water when needed..
- Strain broth into another pan, check seasoning and alter if needed using soy and fish sauce. Set aside keeping at a low simmer. Prepare noodles as per instructions. Slice spring onions and chilli..
- Season and lightly sear Steak in a hot pan then allow to rest and then slice very thinly. Add mussels into broth mixture to warm through.
- In each bowl place some cooked noodles add sliced steak on top. Poor over mussels and broth mixture. Add chilli and spring onions on top and garnish with basil leaves and a lime wedge to be squeezed over the pho.
- Note: steak can be used raw or cooked a more if you prefer but the hot broth should cook it when poured over, depending on your preference! Bean sprouts also make a nice addition on top! Enjoy!.