Vickys Butternut Squash Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Butternut Squash Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Butternut Squash Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 700 g of butternut squash, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 300 g of dried pasta – fusilli, macaroni, congliche, bowties etc.
- It’s 150 g of grated cheddar-style cheese, I use Violife vegan brand.
- It’s 50 g of cream cheese – again I use Violife vegan brand.
- It’s of some reserved pasta water.
- It’s to taste of ground nutmeg.
- It’s to taste of black pepper.
Vickys Butternut Squash Pasta Bake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a roasting tin with foil.
- Spread out the squash, drizzle with the oil and roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- Before the squash finishes roasting, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Put the squash in a blender with the grated cheese (keep a handful back for topping) and the cream cheese.
- Puree with enough of the reserved pasta water to make a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste with nutmeg and black pepper.
- Drain the pasta then pour the squash sauce over it and gently mix to coat.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven (same temperature) until the cheese melts on top, then serve with green vegetables.
- The pasta I used was tri-colour gluten-free Orgran brand brown rice pasta swirls.
- The cheese I used was Violife coconut-based cheeses.