Stir-fried Iceberg Lettuce & Prawns with Garlic & Chilli. Then immediately add the iceberg lettuce. Stir-fry everything together, using a scooping motion to coat the lettuce uniformly with the oil. Stir-fried lettuce is refreshing, quick, easy to make, and goes with just about any dish you can think of in my opinion.
Admittedly, iceberg can't touch cabbage nutritionally. Frequently scorned by Americans for being. How to stir-fry iceberg lettuce; a genius stir-fry recipes from Grace Young that's perfect for weeknight dinners. You can have Stir-fried Iceberg Lettuce & Prawns with Garlic & Chilli using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried Iceberg Lettuce & Prawns with Garlic & Chilli
- Prepare 300-350 g of Iceberg Lettuce *5 to 6 large leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s of Fresh OR Dry Chilli as required *finely chopped.
- You need 150 g of Prawns.
- You need 2-3 teaspoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Potato Starch *mixed with 1 teaspoon Water.
So yes, you can do this to just about any green, but I recommend you give iceberg a chance. Stir-frying is a genius technique for making an ingredient that doesn't taste like much of. Stir fry iceberg lettuce is tossed over high heat in a delicious and light sauce. Its mildly sweet and salty gravy is enhanced with a tinge of sourness and some crispy dried chillies gives a sprinkle of heat.
Stir-fried Iceberg Lettuce & Prawns with Garlic & Chilli step by step
- 300 to 350g Iceberg Lettuce might look a huge amount, but you need that amount. Wash and tear into 5-6cm pieces..
- Prepare all other ingredients ready to use. Cooking doesn’t take long at all..
- Heat Olive Oil, Garlic and Chilli in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat. When aromatic, add Prawns. When Prawns are cooked, again it won’t take long, add Lettuce and stir-fry over high heat..
- Add Soy Sauce and stir, sprinkle with the Potato Starch mixture, stirring constantly. And that’s it. *Note: You can season simply with Salt & Black Pepper instead of Soy Sauce..
How to Transform Frozen Fries Into Loaded Taco Fries. Sign up for our Daily Newsletter. Try different lettuce varieties, I used romane tonight since its what was on hand. I also didn't have sesamee oil tonight so I used walnut oil and it was still a winner. I like to toss in some toasted sesame seeds and if I have them on hand a green onion, chopped, is nice to add with the lettuce.