Baked salmon in blue cheese creamy paradise. Easy Baked Salmon is on the menu! Smothered in a creamy Parmesan Cheese Sauce. This beauty of a dish is brought to you by my hubs.
Salmon is baked with garlic and dill, and topped with Cheddar cheese and green onions. I couldn't find a 'baked' salmon recipe anywhere and to think to put cheese on it also was delicious! I used paprika instead of dill weed because I didn't have any but it was still a wonderful and easy dish! You can cook Baked salmon in blue cheese creamy paradise using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked salmon in blue cheese creamy paradise
- Prepare 2 of boneless and skinless salmon fillets.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 glass of white wine.
- You need 160 gr. of evaporated milk (or cream).
- Prepare 100 gr. of roquefort cheese (or other blue).
- Prepare Few leaves of fresh sage.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
This is a very easy, tasty, and fast recipe you can bake with your Smeg Microwave! Place the white wine into a medium saucepan and reduce by half. Add the heavy cream and allow to reduce. Add the blue cheese and whisk until smooth..
Baked salmon in blue cheese creamy paradise step by step
- Put a tiny bit of olive oil in a small saucepan and heat gently. Chop the onions, super fine, and add to the pan. Stir for a couple of minutes on a low heat.
- Add a generous glass of white wine, put the heat up and when things start to simmer, put the heat at lowest possible setting and leave for about 20 – 30 minutes. The idea is for the onion to soak up all the wine while cooking. Keep checking to make sure the wine hasn't totally evaporated.
- Prepare the salmon parcel. Put some sage leaves (or another herb; parsley, dill – salmon herb par excellence – chives or tarragon are all fine) under and on top.
- Salt and pepper on both sides top.
- Close and put in pre-heated oven at 190ºC for 35 minutes if your fillets are as big as these. If not, scale down time-wise.
- Let's turn our attention to the sauce. Once the onion has absorbed the wine.
- Turn the heat off, add the blue cheese and stir.
- Until the blue cheese melts..
- Turn on the heat (minimum) and add the evaporated milk (or cream – or natural yoghurt which would also work really nicely).
- Leave on a low heat stirring now and then to prevent any curdling.
- One thickened it should look like this.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and open the parcel. It should be really tender and still pink in the centre.
- Serve with the healthiest ingredient you have on hand (I had lettuce!!!) and enjoy. Delicious and quite luxurious too!.
Baked Salmon with Cream cheeseamiable foods. Wild Mushroom Ragout with Creamy PolentaAndrew Zimmern. Salmon and Cream Cheese Pizza with DillPlating Pixels. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle.