You can have Chickpea Curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry
- It’s 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- It’s 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- You need 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- Prepare Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- It’s 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- You need 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Prepare of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- It’s of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- It’s of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Chickpea Curry step by step
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..