Vickys Spaghetti Carbonara with Vegan Option GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Spaghetti Carbonara with Vegan Option GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Spaghetti Carbonara with Vegan Option GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 200 grams of bacon or vegan alternative, finely chopped.
- Prepare 320 ml of milk or dairy-free alternative such as almond, hemp or coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 6 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of coconut cream soured with a little lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast, heaped or safe grated cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch/cornflour.
- It’s 60 ml of white wine.
- It’s 4 tbsp of petite pois.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare pinch of black salt.
- You need of freshly ground pepper and extra nutritional yeast to sprinkle on top.
- It’s 450 grams of gluten-free dried spaghetti.
Vickys Spaghetti Carbonara with Vegan Option GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Mix the cornstarch with a little milk to make a paste, then add the rest of the milk and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry off the chopped bacon and onion. Add the wine and heat on high for a few minutes to deglaze the pan then turn heat to medium for a further 5 minutes before removing bacon and onion to another dish.
- Add the butter to the wine pan, melt it then add the nutritional yeast to make a kind of roux. Whisk in the milk slowly, let thicken for about 10 minutes on a medium-low heat, whisking often so it doesn't burn, then add bacon and onion back in with the peas.
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for around 10 minutes, then stir in the soured coconut cream and salt then cook a further 2 minutes. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333300-vickys-vegan-sour-cream.
- Toss the drained spaghetti through the sauce and serve with a sprinkling of pepper and nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan over the top.