Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns.
You can have Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns
- You need 1 teaspoon of chili paste.
- You need 3 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass stalks.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 1/2 of thumb fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of fresh red chili.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 4/5 of cherry tomatoes OR 1 red bell pepper.
- It’s 8/10 of Prawns (I used frozen).
- It’s Handful of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of small mango.
- You need Handful of salted cashews.
- It’s of Spices.
- You need Bunch of fresh coriander.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Curry.
Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns step by step
- Defrost the prawns. Grate the garlic and ginger, chop the shallot, the fresh chili and the mango, halves the cherry tomatoes (or chop the red bell pepper)..
- In a medium pot, over a medium fire, heat the fish sauce and the chili paste (adjust the quantity to your liking and the level of spice of your available paste!) for a minute, then add the garlic, the ginger, the shallot and the cashews until lucid & brown, then add the tomatoes (or peppers) and the frozen peas until soft..
- Add the lemongrass, the bay leaf, the mango, half of the coriander, and half of the lime and cook for a minute..
- Add the coconut milk (and a splash of water if needed), then add the spices – Cumin (I personally do not digest it well, but feel free to adjust the quantities to your liking!), Turmeric, and Curry, and stir well to combine..
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with a lid and let it bubble away, being careful it does not dry up too much..
- When nearly ready, add the prawns for a few minutes (I do not like them overcooked!), then remove from the heat, remove the lemongrass stalks, add the tamarind sauce, stir well, and you are ready to serve..
- I like to serve it in little clay serving pots with rice, Thai prawns crackers and sweet chili sauce; garnish with the remaining lime, coriander, and fresh chili..