You can cook Hokkien Noodles using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hokkien Noodles
- Prepare of thick Hokkien Noodles (440g).
- You need of tp corn starch + 1 – 2 tbsp water.
- You need of shrimp (or fishballs).
- You need of meat slices.
- It’s of cut green vegies.
- It’s of garlic – finely chopped.
- Prepare of lard/ cooking oil.
- You need of or more caramel soy sauce/can use dark soy sauce.
- You need of oyster sauce.
- You need of sesame oil.
- You need of chicken cube or chicken powder seasoning (to taste).
- Prepare of water or chicken stock/pork stock.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of Note:.
- It’s of . Some people use animal fat like lard or beef dripping to cook this noodle.
- You need of . Marinara mix can be used in placed of fish balls/fish cakes.
Hokkien Noodles instructions
- There are variations of hokkien noodle. Choose the thick one. Soak noodles in boiling water to soften. Drain and set aside. Since i don’t take pork or lard, i use other type of animal fat. Below is a picture of animal fat i use at home..
- Heat wok. Pour in oil (or lard if using). Add garlic then meat slices, cook for 2 to 3 mins..
- In separate bowl, mix all the sauces- cooking caramel (if using), dark soy sauce, sesame oil, ground pepper. Pour this mixture into the wok. Add water, sugar and chicken cube (if needed). Stir. Then add noodle and cut green vegies of your choice. Next Add corn starch mixture. Let it simmer again till gravy thickens. Adjust taste to your liking..
- Serve hot..