Eggnog for Two (or Three). Eggnog /ˈɛɡˌnɒɡ/, egg nog or egg-nog, historically also known (when alcoholic beverages are added) as milk punch or egg milk punch, is a rich, chilled, sweetened, dairy-based beverage. It is traditionally made with milk, cream, sugar, whipped egg whites, and egg yolks. The main ingredients of Eggnog (or milk punch) are milk, eggs (or only yolks) and whipped cream.
If you are one of those haters, explore the many eggnog recipes Besides, most people will only have one or two glasses before turning to another drink because you can only have so much nog! One of the web's largest collections of Eggnog recipes, with a list of the most popular drink recipes in this section. Whisk together the eggnog, brandy, rum and creme de cacao together in a large punch bowl. You can cook Eggnog for Two (or Three) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggnog for Two (or Three)
- Prepare 2 of Fresh eggs – separate the whites and yolks so you have 2 whites and 2 yolks.
- Prepare 240 ml of Whole milk (1 cup).
- Prepare 120 ml of Heavy cream (1/2 cup – sub milk for lighter version).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar, more to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Bourbon or rum (i love cointreau too!).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground cloves (optional).
- It’s Dash of Cinnamon.
Eggnog for two – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Traditional Christmas and winter eggnog drink for two with gingerbread cookies, gold star decorations, foil wrapped chocolate balls with holly on rustic oak background. "Egg Not" (Eggless Eggnog). I developed this recipe because of my love for eggnog and my dislike of the thought of drinking raw eggs. I spent quite a long time and much trial and error before being confident enough to finalize this recipe. eggNOG-mapper is a tool for fast functional annotation of novel sequences.
Eggnog for Two (or Three) step by step
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate large bowls..
- With a whisk or mixer, beat the egg yolks until they start to lighten in color. Then, gradually add 3 Tbsp of sugar, mixing it in until it dissolves..
- Add the milk, cream, bourbon (and Cointreau if using) and nutmeg and stir to combine. I prefer mine less sweet so taste and add more sugar if you like. Set aside..
- In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy and "soft peaks" form (that means the little peaks that form when beating start to form, but will still melt back into the mixture)..
- Gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form (= the egg white peaks will stand up on their own without melting back into the mix)..
- Fold the egg whites into the rest of eggnog. Serve into cups and dust with cinnamon and more nutmeg to taste..
It uses precomputed orthologous groups and phylogenies from the eggNOG database to eggNOG-mapper. Eggnog, or egg nog, is a sweetened dairy-based beverage traditionally made with milk and/or cream, sugar, and whipped eggs (which gives it a frothy texture). Brandy, rum, whisky, bourbon, Kahlúa, vodka, or a combination of liquors are often added; and the finished serving would be garnished with. This single serving eggnog recipe is rich, creamy and so much better than store-bought versions. Easy to make and made with a few simple ingredients.