Upside down jam sponge. An upside-down steamed pud dripping with jam makes a classic comfort dessert and it's so easy to do in your slow cooker (RECIPE BELOW). Space Jam: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture [SOUNDTRACK] Lyrics: How do I love thee? Spoon the jam into the base of the pudding basin and set aside.
To make the sponge batter, beat the butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric whisk until lump-free. To assemble the cake, carefully peel the foil off each cake and place one cake upside down on a plate or cake board. Using a hand-held whisk, beat the cream until soft peaks form. You can cook Upside down jam sponge using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upside down jam sponge
- You need 125 g of butter, melted.
- Prepare 125 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 150 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 of lemon, zested and juiced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of jam or syrup.
Spread the gooseberry jam over the top of the sponge, then spread the cream over the jam. Place the other cake on top. Eric goes into Space Jam and Runs Upside Down and gets Grounded. A Jam sings while hanging upside down.
Upside down jam sponge step by step
- Grease a large microwaveable bowl with some butter. Sieve flour and baking powder together..
- Separately, beat the sugar and butter until smooth..
- Add the butter/sugar mixture to the flour, along with the eggs. Mix well..
- Add lemon juice and zest. Slowly add the milk. Stop short of adding it all if it seems too much. You want the consistency to be thick enough that it doesn't run immediately off a spoon..
- Add the jam to the bottom of your greased bowl. Pour the mixture over the top..
- Cover with cling film and microwave on full for four minutes..
- Leave to stand for a couple of minutes, then carefully turn the bowl up into a plate. Remove the bowl..
- Slice and serve with custard to cream!.
We'll Be Making This Caramel Upside Down Cake Year 'Round. Jam sponge pudding is one of life's simple pleasures, and you can never have too many simple pleasures! Made of mainly store-cupboard ingredients that you'll probably have already (flour, sugar and jam) and it being super easy to prepare, makes it the perfect last-minute dessert. Upside Down Strawberry Cake – How To Make Upside Down Cake – Strawberry Cake – Cake Recipes – Tarika. Split cake in half crosswise; spread jam between layers.