Persian frittata with herbs (Kookoo Sabzi).
You can have Persian frittata with herbs (Kookoo Sabzi) using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Persian frittata with herbs (Kookoo Sabzi)
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 500 g of herbs includes: Parsley, coriander, dill, spinach, chives or green part of spring onions), finely chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped Walnuts.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Barberries (Zereshk).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Oil.
Persian frittata with herbs (Kookoo Sabzi) step by step
- Remove stems from all herbs. Wash and drain them. Chop them in a food processor. In a large bowl with chopped herbs, add eggs and whisk it well..
- Add beaten eggs, grated garlic and rest of ingredients to chopped herbs. Mix until well combined..
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan. Put kookoo mixture in the pan, spread it in the pan and gently press the herbs batter. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook and fried one side, then flip over and leave to cook other side or until browns..
- Other method to make kookoo sabzi, is as following instruction..
- Cut the crust off the bread.
- Roll out the bread with rolling pin and make it thin..
- Slightly grease cup cake thin..
- Place one slice of thin bread into the cake tin.And put some of kookoo mixture inside the bread basket. Cook in preheated oven at 180 C and cook for 20-25 minutes..