Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan. This Vegetable Quinoa Soup is healthy, hearty and easy to make! Recipe is vegan, oil-free, low-fat and can be made on the stovetop or crockpot! Healthy and well-balanced, this Vegetable Quinoa Soup filled with hearty vegetables, protein rich quinoa and beans is oil-free and so easy to make.
Brown or green lentils are best to use in this vegan soup recipe. They will hold their shape and texture, whereas red lentils would disintegrate into the soup. Quinoa is not only super delicious, it's also incredibly good for you! You can have Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of leek, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of quinoa, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of potato, chopped.
- Prepare 500 ml of vegan or veggie stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1 of + tsp chilli powder (i used ancho + some flakes; any will do).
- Prepare 1 of + tsp ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweetcorn or broad beans or any other in-season veg.
We got you covered with quinoa one pot meals, quinoa salad, quinoa soup, quinoa breakfasts, and so much more! This comforting quinoa vegetable soup packs a wealth of nutrients, thanks to a generous amount of fall veggies. With each bite, you get a taste of sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, celery root, and more in this aromatic soup. Quinoa is cooked in vegetable broth and mixed with sauteed garlic, tofu, broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach.
Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan step by step
- In a large pot heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, leek and celery and sauté for 10-15 mins..
- Add the potato, cabbage and spices. Cook for about 5 mins..
- Add the quinoa. And after a few minutes, the stock. Bring to the boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 mins. Add any other seasonal veg you’re using when you need to to ensure it’s cooked through..
- Add more chilli and cumin + pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
I added rosemary and thyme to the quinoa while it was cooking. In a big bowl I placed the olive oil and salt and ensured that the veggies marinated in that mixture prior to addition of quinoa. This spicy vegetable, quinoa and peanut soup recipe is a modern take on a traditional Bolivian soup recipe called Sopa de Mani. Serve this healthy quinoa soup recipe as a starter or make it a heartier meal by adding diced cooked chicken or turkey breast to the soup. This vegan creamy broccoli soup is made with tons of veggies, has the most luxurious texture and tastes like it has cheese.