Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles). Yakisoba (焼きそば) is the Japanese version of stir-fried noodles. The noodles are cooked with sliced pork and plenty of vegetables, then coated with a special sauce. What distinguishes Yakisoba from other Asian stir-fried noodles is this special sauce, which is sweet and a little bit spicy.
Yakisoba is a Japanese noodle dish that literally translates to grilled (yaki) noodles (soba). This Japanese dish has a heavy Chinese influence and is very similar to Chinese Chow Mein. Both dishes feature stir fried noodles, however, Chinese chow mein uses wheat noodles that are often fried. You can have Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles)
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 6 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of Spring onions.
- You need Half of bag Been sprouts optional.
- It’s 6 of Cabbage leaves.
- It’s 350 g of Sliced beef (Your chice of meats or seafood).
- You need 3 bags of egg noodles.
- You need 6 Tbs of Yakisoba sauce(recipe below).
- It’s 4 Tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 Tsp of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 4 Tsp of Ketchup.
- You need 2 Tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 Tsp of Sugar(add more sugar, if needed.).
- It’s of Toppings (Optional).
- It’s 2 Tsp of Aonori (dried green seaweed).
- Prepare 3 Tsp of Pickled red ginger.
Yakisoba noodles are a Japanese barbecue favourite in summer, and this recipe will teach you everything you need to know to make your own at home. Home » Recipes » Japanese » Yakisoba Noodles – Japanese Noodles Recipe. This Yakisoba Noodles Recipe is super easy to make at home for a quick lunch or easy dinner. It's a nourishing and addictive dish of Japanese noodles stir fried with pork, veggies, and golden ramen noodles.
Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles) instructions
- To make Yakisoba sauce.Whisk all ingredients for yakisoba sauce.and set aside..
- To make Yakisoba.Slice the onion, cut the carrot into julienned strips, and slice the mushrooms..
- Chop the spring onion into 2 inch pieces, cut the cabbage into small bite pieces and cut the meat into 1 inch pieces..
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil on medium high heat. Cook the meat until no longer pink..
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the cabbage and been sprouts cook until almost tender..
- Lastly add the spring onion and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Season with freshly ground black pepper..
- Transfer the yakisoba noodles to a sieve and quickly run hot water over yakisoba noodle. Separate the noodles with hands. Add the noodles to the skillet/wok, and lower the heat to medium. It’s best to use tongs to combine the noodles with ingredients. Keep an eye on the noodles as they may stick to the skillet/wok..
- Add Yakisoba Sauce. Depending on the amount of ingredients, adjust the amount of sauce to use. Mix all together using tongs. Transfer to plates and garnish with dried green seaweed and pickled red ginger. Serve immediately..
Yakisoba is Japanese stir fried noodles. It is served with Yakisoba sauce, similar to Tonkatsu or Okonomiyaki sauce. Yakisoba is usually fried with sliced pork and vegetables like cabbage and bean sprouts. It is a very popular casual food (or snack) everyone likes in Japan. Yakisoba (Japanese Fried Noodles) – Yakisoba or Japanese fried noodles is a popular dish.