Sweet and Sour (baked) Chicken. Other Sweet and Sour Chicken recipes tend to only fry the chicken after being covered in the egg and cornstarch batter. I've found that baking it helps Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken. This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Crispy baked chicken coated in a restaurant style sweet & sour sauce. It's easy to make, tastes so much better than takeout and much healthier too! Coated generously in a sticky sauce with a perfect sweet-sour balance! You can cook Sweet and Sour (baked) Chicken using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour (baked) Chicken
- You need 300 gr of Chicken Thigh fillet, cut in cubes.
- You need 1 bottle of sweet and sour sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chilli sauce (brand : ABC extra pedas).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 clove of white onion.
- You need 1 piece of each red,green and yellow bell capsicum, cut into cubes.
- You need 1 stalk of spring onion.
- Prepare of eggs,flour and panko bread crumbs to coat chicken.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of garlic and chicken powder.
- It’s of olive oil or cooking spray.
I don't like to shout out from the rooftops "this is the BEST baked Sweet & Sour. Sweet and sour sauce is one of my very favorite dipping sauces, which is why we always double or even triple the sauce recipe. We love using it for dipping egg rolls, pot stickers, wontons, and even spooning it over rice. Sweet and sour sauce is so easy to make and just uses a few easy ingredients Chinese-style sweet and sour chicken, stir-fried with bell peppers and pineapple chunks.
Sweet and Sour (baked) Chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size chunks.Season it with garlic and chicken powder, salt and pepper mix well and then coat it with egg flour and panko bread crumbs..
- Spay oil in cooking tray, and baked the chicken in the 200 degrees oven for about 30 mins.
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into bite size chunks and set aside..
- Sauté garlic,ginger and white onion until they fragrant, then add the sweet and sour sauce, tomato ketchup, and ABC sauce the extra pedas, add salt pepper to taste let simmer to boil for about 3 mins.
- Adds in red,green,and yellow bell pepper stir them well. let it cook for about 2-3 mins,let them be still crunchy.
- Add in the baked chicken thight fillet and still it well until all the sauce coated in the chicken.
- Taste the sauce. Adjust the taste according to your likings..
- Combine all the ingredients with the sauce and let it sit on medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes. and last add chopped green onion before serve.
- Best serve with hot jasmine rice and cucumber salad with asian dressing on the side.
The secret is in the chicken marinade, specifically using egg white and cornstarch, which creates a super-light coating all around the chicken. How to make sweet and sour chicken. Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces and then add to a ziploc bag along with the corn starch, salt, pepper and Once the first batch is done, dispose of the burnt oil and then heat the remaining oil. Cook the second batch and then place on the baking sheet. Sweet and Sour Chicken with crispy chicken, pineapple and bell peppers that tastes just like your favorite takeout place without the food coloring.