Sweet and sour chicken. Chinese-style sweet and sour chicken, stir-fried with bell peppers and pineapple chunks. Just like the Shrimp Fried Rice, a very hot pan is essential to making this Sweet and Sour Chicken so that the chicken can sear quickly. This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my. You can cook Sweet and sour chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken
- It’s 1 kg of chicken in cubes.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 slices of tinned pineapple (in juice not syrup).
- Prepare 6 of dessert spoons tomato sauce.
- You need 4 of dessert spoons cranberry sauce.
- It’s 3 of dessert spoons apple vinagre.
- Prepare 2 of dessert spoons brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of little cornflour.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Black sesame seeds.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is made by batter-frying chicken and then tossing it in a quick and easy sweet and sour sauce. If you love Chinese food but But really, who doesn't love crispy fried chicken with that classic sweet and sour combo? As with most of the dishes on the blog. Pineapple and vinegar are the sweet and sour in this Asian-style chicken and green pepper stir fry.
Sweet and sour chicken instructions
- Get the ingredients together. Dust the chicken cubes with the flour and fry them in a little oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the vegetables. When the chicken is cooked put it in the oven at 80 just to keep it warm..
- Put the liquid ingredients and the cranberry sauce in the same pan, stir well and add the chopped veg. Stir again, cover and cook for 30 minutes over a medium heat.
- Stir now and then and check for taste. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Add to the chicken, mix well and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy 😊.
Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels. Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. Chinese sweet and sour is a cooking style that is easy, delicious and everyone's favorite. The dish comes complete with crispy fried chicken cubes with mouthwatering sweet and sour sauce. Sweet and Sour Chicken – in this popular dish bite size chicken pieces, fresh bell pepper and sweet pineapple are sautéed and tossed together with an incredibly flavorful Sweet and sour chicken has always been one of my favorite Chinese take-out dishes.