Ketoprak – Vermicelli tofu salad with peanut dressing. Vermicelli rice noodles are piled with fresh cucumber, crispy tofu, dressed with delicious peanut dressing, Indonesian kecap manis and crispy shallots! They guy was selling Ketoprak in a push cart just right in front of the house we rented. You can use it for other salad or.
Ketoprak is a vegetarian dish from Jakarta, Indonesia, consists of tofu, vegetables and rice cake, rice vermicelli served in peanut sauce. This simple vietnamese vermicelli salad ticks off everything I look for in a delicious cold noodle salad: lots of texture, A TON of contrasting flavours Assemble: Add the vegetables, herbs, tofu, peanuts and dressing into the bowl with the vermicelli noodles. Toss until everything is evenly distributed. You can cook Ketoprak – Vermicelli tofu salad with peanut dressing using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ketoprak – Vermicelli tofu salad with peanut dressing
- You need 2 block of firm tofu, drained and cut into 2 inch chunks.
- It’s 100 gram of bean sprouts.
- It’s 200 gram of vermicelli, soaked in cold water until soft.
- You need of Steamed rice cake – you can buy rice boil in the bag from supermarket and follow the steps on the packaging.
- It’s of Peanut Sauce :.
- You need 100 gram of peanut with skin on.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 of Thai chilies.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of palm sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 175-200 ml of warm water.
- It’s of Garnishes :.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need of Fried shallots.
- It’s of Crackers.
Ketoprak is a vegetarian dish from Jakarta, Indonesia, consists of tofu, vegetables and rice cake, rice vermicelli served in peanut sauceKetoprak consists of Ketoprak is a typical street-food. It was originally popular around the Jakarta area but has spread throughout Java. This Asian vermicelli salad with crushed peanuts is pretty much what we've been living on for the entire summer. PS: If you make my Asian vermicelli salad, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Ketoprak – Vermicelli tofu salad with peanut dressing instructions
- Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying..
- Deep fry peanut until a shade darker..
- Deep fry tofu until lightly golden brown..
- Boil a pot of water and blanch bean sprouts for 2 minutes. Remove the water and set aside..
- Peanut sauce : Grind peanut, garlic, chilies, palm sugar and salt until becoming a thick paste. Add water and mix well..
- Assembling : in a large serving plate, place steamed rice cake, vermicelli, bean sprouts and fried tofu. Pour the sauce over and garnish with fried shallots, a drizzle of sweet soy sauce, crackers and mix well..
All Reviews for Tofu Cucumber Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing. Reviews for: Photos of Tofu Cucumber Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing. I did put on top of vermicelli noodles added a squeeze of lime per serving and sriracha. This tofu peanut sauce recipe that I present to you today could be served in many ways. I decided to serve my peanut sauce with a salad, but you could very well serve it on rice vermicelli, stir-fried vegetables, rice, or whatever else you may prefer.