Simplest Pasta Carbonara.
You can cook Simplest Pasta Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simplest Pasta Carbonara
- You need 1/2 pack of Penne pasta or spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 200g of Parmesan (more or less to taste).
- You need 6 strips of Bacon.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Black Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
Simplest Pasta Carbonara instructions
- Cut the bacon strips into large cubes and set aside. Whisk egg and set aside. Grate the Parmesan into the bowl of eggs, whisk together and set aside..
- 1. Begin by cooking pasta or spaghetti in salted boiled water according to packet instructions. Once ready, drain and set aside (do not throw away the pasta water, you’ll need some if it later)..
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp of olive oil and add the bacon cubes once heated, fry for about 3 minutes turning to make sure both sides are well fried..
- 3. Once the bacon is ready, turn the pasta into the skillet and stir to incorporate with the bacon, allow the pasta to reheat on medium heat for further minute..
- Done. Turn off the heat and take the skillet off the burner, immediately pour the eggs and Parmesan mixture onto the pasta and stir. Continue stirring until the pasta in covered with the mixture then with a table spoon, spoon some of the pasta water onto your pasta and toss until desired creaminess is achieved (I'd recommend 3-4 tbsp for the yield above)..