Rice and Noodle Salad.
You can cook Rice and Noodle Salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice and Noodle Salad
- You need of thin rice noodles.
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- It’s of sugar snap peas.
- Prepare of red pepper.
- It’s of orange or yellow pepper.
- Prepare of spring onions.
- You need of peeled, cooked prawns.
- It’s of coriander leaves.
- It’s of toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of shallot, peeled and finely diced.
- It’s of garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed.
- It’s of red chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare of lime juice (or more to taste).
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- You need of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of palm sugar.
- You need of toasted sesame oil.
Rice and Noodle Salad step by step
- Bring the kettle to the boil. Place three rice noodles in a large bowl and pour on boiling water ensuring that the noodles are fully immersed. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but not too soft. Drain and immediately toss with a drizzle of sesame oil to stop them sticking..
- In the meantime, blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until they are just tender but still bright green. Refresh in a bowl of iced water then drain. Cut the peas into smaller pieces. Halve, core and feared the peppers, then cut into long, thin slices. Finely slice the spring onions..
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients (shallots and after) into a bowl and whisk lightly..
- Put the prawns, spring onions, peas and peppers into a large bowl and add the drained noodles, coriander and sesame seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well..