SW Keema Biryani.
You can have SW Keema Biryani using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of SW Keema Biryani
- It’s of Fry light cooking spray.
- It’s 500 g of 5% fat beef mince.
- Prepare 2 of large onions.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 50 g of ginger (unpeeled weight).
- It’s 2 of beef / red oxo cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra hot curry powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tsp of demerara sugar.
- Prepare 300 g of mixed wild and brown basmati rice.
- Prepare 25 g of fresh coriander.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
SW Keema Biryani instructions
- Chop the onions any way you like, I love them really big but finely chopped or any other way also works. Fry them in some Fry Light until soft then add the mince and fry until all the mince has browned..
- Peel and grate the carrots, mince the garlic and peel and finely chop the ginger. Add to the pan and stir well..
- Add the oxo cubes, sugar, curry powder, tomato puree and rice and stir until mixed well..
- Add 750ml of cold water and bring to the boil then simmer with the lid on for 25 minutes..
- Check that the rice is done and most of the liquid is absorbed, if not, leave for a little longer. When the rice is done, chop up the coriander and mix in, including the stalks (I like to cut it with scissors straight in to the pan). Add the lime juice, serve in big bowls and enjoy!.