Ginger Chicken Takikomi Gohan. Takikomi Gohan is a comforting Japanese Mixed Rice which is made using seasonal ingredients. Mushrooms, carrots and bamboo shoots are commonly often used. Takikomi gohan (炊き込みご飯, 炊き込み御飯) is a Japanese rice dish seasoned with dashi and soy sauce along with mushrooms, vegetables, meat, or fish.
Takikomi Gohan is a Japanese mixed rice recipe made with seasonal ingredients, this comforting dish is perfect to enjoy with simple meals. Takikomi Gohan is a traditional Japanese rice dish of seasoned mixed vegetables and rice. Chicken, meat, and seafood may also be included. You can cook Ginger Chicken Takikomi Gohan using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ginger Chicken Takikomi Gohan
- You need 250-300 g of Chicken *thigh fillets recommended, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of finely sliced Ginger *sliced into fine strips.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce *plus extra after rice is cooked.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Short Grain Rice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need of Asian Mushrooms *optional.
- You need of *Note: This time I added some Shimeji.
- It’s of Toasted Nori, Spring Onion and/or extra Ginger for topping.
Traditional Takikomi Gohan which is often served in the home at family dinners includes a few standard ingredients including carrots, shiitake, gobo (burdock. This rice (takikomi gohan) recipe from chef Brandon Go gets its flavor from fresh ginger, dashi, and light soy sauce. Get the recipe at Food & Wine. Typical ingredients are chicken, Aburaage, carrots, and Konnyaku, as used in this recipe.
Ginger Chicken Takikomi Gohan step by step
- Cut Chicken into small pieces, add Soy Sauce, Mirin, fine strips of Ginger and Sesame Oil, and massage. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. *Note: Chicken Mince can be used..
- Wash Rice a few times and place it in the rice cooker. Add water up to the 2-cups-marking. Sprinkle Salt over and gently stir..
- Add Asian Mushrooms if you use any, and Chicken pieces with all liquid, but DO NOT stir. Just spread evenly. Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking..
- When rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce, and loosen and mix gently..
- Place some Toasted Nori, Spring Onion and/or extra Ginger on top and enjoy..
By changing ingredients to canned Tuna, clams, or mushrooms. Once the rice has soaked, stir in the soy, mirin and sake, lay the grilled fish (or drained, tinned sardines) and ginger on top, then cook the rice as Scoop the chicken mixture over bowls of rice and serve topped with torn nori, chopped mitsuba or shredded. Chicken Mushroom Takikomi Gohan Recipe 鶏ときのこの炊き込みご飯 作り方 レシピ. This is a simple Takikomi Gohan with flavoured Wagyu beef. Japanese Beef and Rice is so delicious that you don't need anything to go with it.