My Chinese 5 Spice & Chilli deepfried chicken. 😉. Interestingly, Chinese Five Spice is based on the five elements – fire, water, wood, earth and metal. According to traditional Chinese medicine, the five elements are manifested in different parts of the body and when there are imbalances in these elements, illness can result. Homemade Chinese five spice powder with star anise, cloves, Sichuan peppercorn, fennel seeds and cinnamon.
Five-spice powder (Chinese: 五香粉; pinyin: wǔxiāng fěn) is a spice mixture of five or more spices used predominantly in almost all branches of Chinese cuisines and Vietnamese cuisine. While there are many variants, a common mix is: Star anise (bā jiǎo 八角). Five-spice powder is very popular in both Chinese and Taiwanese cuisine and is simple to make. You can cook My Chinese 5 Spice & Chilli deepfried chicken. 😉 using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Chinese 5 Spice & Chilli deepfried chicken. 😉
- It’s 2 of Small Breasts of Chicken cut into strips.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of red Chilli.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 2 of Egg whites.
- You need of Enough veg oil to deep-fry.
- Prepare 2 of tsps Sweet Chilli.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mayonaise.
Discover the five ingredients used in this flavorful mix. You can use the five-spice powder in many different ways. In Chinese and Taiwanese cooking, it's added to stew meat or poultry, incorporated. Here's a simple breakdown of what you need to make it at home.
My Chinese 5 Spice & Chilli deepfried chicken. 😉 step by step
- Heat up the oil very hot. Cut up the chicken into thin strips.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients mix all together when the oil is hot enough..
- Using tongs pick up the chicken strips one by one dip in the egg white then into the dry mix coat all over with the spicy mix then drop slowly into the hot oil add in batches..
- Then add on kitchen roll to soak any excess oil. When all done you can keep warm in the oven until needed..
- Mix the sweet chilli and the Mayonaise together for the dip..
All it takes is star anise, fennel seed, clove. Chinese Five Spice Powder is a seasoning mix that is considered to be the perfectly balanced combination of the five key flavors in Chinese (and other Asian) cooking: sweet, sour, bitter, salty and spicy. These flavors are captured by five unique ingredients that make up the blend: cinnamon. Chinese Five Spice is one of those magical spice blends that brings food to life with its complementary and contrasting flavors. It's made up of five spices: Star anise, fennel, szechuan peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves.