Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza. A simple and secretly healthy cauliflower pizza crust recipe that's so surprisingly delicious, you'd never guess it could possibly be so good for you! Or better yet, make it for dinner. Sorry but Cauliflower Pizza Crusts Might Not Be That Healthy.
Policy Q: Is it healthier to make pizza with a cauliflower crust or a whole-wheat crust? A: If you're considering cauliflower crust, you're probably hoping to lose weight by cutting down on carbs and calories. Are you more likely to achieve your goal with cauliflower crust than with whole-grain crust? You can have Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- You need 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
- Prepare 1-1/3 cup of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- It’s 10 slices of turkey pepperoni.
There's a healthy-sounding trend in the supermarket: pizza crustsmade of cauliflower. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with the mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, salt, garlic powder and eggs. Transfer to the center of the baking sheet and spread into a circle, resembling a pizza crust. This cauliflower crust recipe is easy, nutritious, and tastes great with any of your favorite toppings.
Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe dish, uncovered. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool, then mic in 1/3 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, egg, and salt..
- Form cauliflower mixture into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick, into a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan..
- Bake until edges are browned, about 20 minutes..
- Top crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella, and pepperoni..
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes..
Top your cauliflower crust with all of your pizza favorites, and you may just forget you're eating vegetables. This meal is perfect for meal-prepping your lunches, or for a fun night with friends. Make pizza healthy with this low-carb cauliflower pizza crust. The crust already has cheese so you don't need much on top. Also keep in mind that the cauliflower pizza crust is less firm than most regular dough-based crusts so you don't want to weigh it down with a ton of ingredients.