Bad Day Salvage Pasta Sauce.
You can have Bad Day Salvage Pasta Sauce using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bad Day Salvage Pasta Sauce
- You need of Olive or other oil.
- Prepare 250 g of unsmoked bacon.
- It’s 4 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of yellow pepper, chopped.
- You need 250 g of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s 1 (400 g) of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need 250 ml of dry white wine (I used moderately-sweet Austrian Grüner Veltliner coz twas already open).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need of Salt (I usually use Sea Salt).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need of Pasta of your choice.
- You need to taste of Parmesan cheese.
Bad Day Salvage Pasta Sauce instructions
- Fry the bacon in oil, set aside on kitchen paper and cut Into small pieces..
- Heat more oil and fry the shallots for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic, fry for another minute and the add the pepper and celery and fry on a medium- high heat for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in both types of tomato and increase the heat. Add the wine and bring to the boil, stirring gently but frequently..
- Stir in the herbs and spices (not too much salt) and add the sugar..
- Add back the bacon. Stir thoroughly but gently and cook on a fast simmer for 20 minutes..
- Serve with the pasta of your choice and garnish with Parmesan cheese to taste..