Roast squash and sage soup – vegan. Rich and creamy vegan butternut squash soup. This vibrant and colorful soup is wonderfully easy to make and the results are sensational. We roasted the butternut with some chopped carrot in some olive oil and spices.
The addition of apple and sage strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Enjoy your butternut squash soup now, and save some for future quick-and-easy meals. This vegan butternut squash soup only requires a few basic ingredients and comes together quickly for a comforting yet healthful meal. You can have Roast squash and sage soup – vegan using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast squash and sage soup – vegan
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 500 g of squash, peeled and cut into small chunks.
- It’s of seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 10-12 of sage leaves.
- Prepare 400 ml of veggie / vegan stock.
- Prepare 50 g of (2 small servings) cooked grain eg giant couscous or freekeh.
- You need of To garnish:.
- You need of Pumpkin seeds – toasted if you like.
- It’s of some grated vegan cheese or parmesan.
When it comes to creamy soups, I'm all about super simple recipes with few ingredients. Roast up a winter squash or sweet potatoes, saute up an onion and. This roasted acorn squash soup is easy, vegan, paleo, clean eating, and the perfect soup for cold weather. This is one of my all-time favorite This is a delicious, healthy, vegetarian/vegan soup that is quite easy to make and perfect for the Fall and Winter.
Roast squash and sage soup – vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- In a bowl mix the squash pieces with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season. Put the squash onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25 – 30 mins..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pot. Add the onions and celery and sauté for about 10 mins til they soften and start to become translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 mins..
- Chop 5 or 6 of the sage leaves and add those too..
- Add the roast squash and the stock. Season. Simmer for 5-10 mins. If you want, use a hand blender to make a smooth soup. I usually leave it with the vegetables chunky..
- Fry the remaining sage leaves in a splash of oil. Stir these through the cooked grain you’re using. Add a generous pinch of salt..
- Add the grain/ sage mix to the soup. Serve into bowls; sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and parmesan if using and enjoy 😋.
I add a tart granny smith apple to balance. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Roasted squash with chestnuts, sausage and sage. This roasted butternut squash soup is made with creamy coconut milk and jalapeños for a fiery kick! It is dairy-free, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious. Roasting the butternut squash and other veggies is a very important part of this recipe.