So Delicious! How To Make Shijimi Clam Miso Soup.
You can have So Delicious! How To Make Shijimi Clam Miso Soup using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of So Delicious! How To Make Shijimi Clam Miso Soup
- Prepare 300 grams of Shijimi clams + salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Miso (white miso preferred).
- You need 1 tbsp of Dashi stock powder.
So Delicious! How To Make Shijimi Clam Miso Soup step by step
- Even if you get de-sanded cleaned clams, de-sand them again so that they spit out any old digested material by soaking them in lightly salted water for 2 to 3 hours..
- Procedure for de-sanding: Immerse a colander or sieve in a large bowl, and put the clams in. Fill with salted water. This way the clams won't re-absorb any sand or other things they spit out..
- Put the soaked and cleaned clams in a pot with cold water and heat. After a while some scum will rise to the surface. Skim that off and add the dashi stock granules. Don't overcook the clams..
- Add the miso, but taste the liquid in the pot first to see how salty it is. White miso is preferred. Don't let the soup come to a boil after adding the miso..
- Top with some chopped green onions, and enjoy!.