Fragrant Curried Fish Pie.
You can have Fragrant Curried Fish Pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fragrant Curried Fish Pie
- It’s of Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread.
- Prepare of fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),.
- Prepare of mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,.
- You need of small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),.
- It’s of coconut milk,.
- It’s of panko breadcrumbs,.
- It’s of unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),.
- You need of petit pois peas, (50g),.
- It’s of spring onions, chopped finely,.
- Prepare of large clove of garlic crushed,.
- You need of thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,.
- You need of red chilli flakes,.
- You need of hot curry powder,.
- Prepare of fenugreek,.
- It’s of tumeric.
- It’s of ground cumin,.
- Prepare of fresh coriander leaves, chopped,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare of Olive oil Frylight.
- It’s of Note:.
- Prepare of If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water.
Fragrant Curried Fish Pie instructions
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat..
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish..
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so….
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown..
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :).