Rice Vermicelli with Beef and Coleslaw.
You can have Rice Vermicelli with Beef and Coleslaw using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Vermicelli with Beef and Coleslaw
- It’s of <Noodles>.
- Prepare of Rice Vermicelli 4 servings.
- You need of Note: Thicker type of rice noodles are also fine.
- You need of Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds AND/OR Fried Shallots *optional.
- It’s of <Coleslaw>.
- You need 1/6-1/4 of Cabbage *about 200g.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot *about 100g.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- It’s of <Beef>.
- You need 500 g of Beef Steaks *thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *grated.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce) *optional.
Rice Vermicelli with Beef and Coleslaw instructions
- Make Coleslaw first. Thinly slice Cabbage. Peel and slice Carrot into 2 to 3mm thin strips. I usually use a slicer. If you cut by knife, slice them diagonally 2 to 3mm thin, then cut into 2 to 3mm strips..
- Mix Vinegar, Sugar and Salt, add vegetables and mix well. Set aside to let it well seasoned..
- Cook Beef. First make the sauce by mixing Garlic, Sugar, Mirin, Soy Sauce, Sesame Seeds and Toban Djan in a small bowl..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat and cook Beef. Add the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens..
- Cook Rice Vermicelli as instructed and chill in cold water, then drain well..
- Place well drained cold Rice Vermicelli on a plate, arrange well seasoned Coleslaw and Beef on top, sprinkle some chopped Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds and/or Fried Shallots over and enjoy..