Simple Sushi Rolls.
You can have Simple Sushi Rolls using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sushi Rolls
- You need of salmon fillet.
- You need of nori seaweed wraps.
- Prepare of cream cheese.
- It’s of wasabi paste.
- You need of sushi rice prepared.
- Prepare of rice vinegar.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- You need of water.
Simple Sushi Rolls instructions
- Prepare rice. Rince rice well in strainer until water runs clear. Boil rice on medium for 5 minutes. Keep covered and DO NOT stir. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat rice vinegar, sugar and salt until sugar and salt are dissolved. Set aside and let cool..
- Once rice is done simmering, transfer to a bowl and slowly add vinegar mix while stirring rice to ensure even distribution. Now let rice cool to room temperature..
- I like the inside out style rolls, so break nori sheet in half and make sure your bamboo rolling sheet is covered in plastic wrap. With wet hands (to avoid rice sticking to you)take a good handful of rice and press evenly to all edges of nori sheet. Then flip nori sheet so rice is now on bottom and you have a clean sheet to add fillings..
- I like to put a very thin spread of wasabi paste to start. Cut slices out of cream cheese block and line up evenly in the middle of nori sheet the length of sheet..
- Thinly slice salmon or fish of choice (tuna and crab work very well too). Add next to cream cheese. At this time you can add other items like avocado, cucumber…….
- Slowly and gently roll your masterpiece and be sure to add enough pressure so rice will cause sushi roll to stick in it's shape..
- I refrigerate them for a half hour or so before I cut into about 6 pieces. Be sure to use a wet knife as the cream cheese will start sticking to a dry blade causing a mess..
- You can then add sesame seeds and Sriracha for some added flavor and texture. This is about as basic as it gets. It sounds like a lot of steps but after a time or two it's nothing to get some fresh rolls at home..