Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄.
You can cook Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 using 31 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄
- You need 2 of Chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes.
- You need 1 of big white onion, cut 1 inch, then in rectangular equal size.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, cut 1 inch,slice thinly then in rectangular in equal.
- Prepare 1 can of Baby Sweetcorn, drain & discard.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Thai Sweet Chilie Sauce (very mild hot),.
- It’s of or substitute w dried red chilies,.
- You need of that gives flavour to the sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt as needed.
- You need 1 tsp of whole Sichuan pepper,then u ground it at home with a better.
- Prepare of (has a bit lemony with a numbing spiciness),.
- It’s of to substitue with 1/2 tsp white pepper.
- You need 1 of beaten egg: separate the egg white.
- Prepare 1 of tsb Dark ABC Sweet Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbs of Sesame oil.
- You need of Sauce:.
- You need 2 Tbs of light Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of Chinese Black Vinegar (taste like balsamic vinegar).
- You need 1 tbs of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of chinese Shaoxing Wine (just a touch).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cornstarch mix with 2 tbs cold water to.
- It’s of thicken the sauce.
- Prepare of Other ingredients:.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic, smashed.
- It’s 20 g of Ginger, chopped finely.
- You need 1 tbs of Sichuan Peppercorn.
- Prepare 80 g of Cashew nuts:fry in teflon pan with no oil for 4' and keep.
- Prepare of stirring, watch out that the cashew nuts don't burnt.
- You need of Rice Bran Oil (brand Alfa one) for stir-fry and for deep-fry.
- Prepare of Jasmine rice, long grain rice, to cook in Rice Cooker,.
- It’s of Garnish: 1 stalk Green onion, dice 5 mm.
Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 step by step
- Toast the Sichuan Peppercorns in a frying pan until golden. Transfer to blender, grind to a fine powder then sieve into a large bowl. Add 2 tbs of conflour and stir to combine..
- In a small bowl put the chicken, add Dark Soy Sauce, ground Sichuan Peppercorns mixture, 1 tbs Vege oil & egg whites. Marinade for 30 minutes..
- In a wok put Rice Bran oil about 1 inch oil, heat the oil then put the Chicken pieces and fry for about 2' until golden. Remove from the wok. Take off all the oil, just leaving about 2 tbs oil in the wok. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, carrots & baby sweetcorn and stir-fry over medium heat until aromatic..
- Prepare for the sauce: In a small bowl mix light Soya sauce,Rice vinegar,sugar,Shaoxing Wine,Thai Sweet Chili Sauce,white pepper & salt then pour this sauce mixture onto the wok that has the onions-garlic mixture. Mix all together; add a little bit of water if the liquid is too dry. Then add the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce..
- Then add the fried Chicken, mix & stirring, let the chicken coated evenly with the sauce.Taste the season.Then add Sesame oil and stir for another 1 minute. Finally add the toasted Cashew Nuts, mix well and cook for another 30 seconds.Turn off the flame. Remove, transfer the Kung Pao Chicken into a serving dish; sprinkle on top with diced Green Onions. To serve with steamed Jasmine rice 😍.