Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw. The combination of apple, pork and sage rarely fails – and this freezable recipe is no exception to the rule, from BBC Good Food. Use up the cabbage: stir-fried cabbage with sesame. Apple season is Fall, with its apple picking and apple crumbles and general apple-y-ness.
Pour the flour onto a shallow. To make burgers: Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife. Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, scallions, red pepper Add Asian-style slaw with shredded Napa cabbage and carrots, sliced scallions and teriyaki salad dressing for a unique flavor. You can have Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw
- You need of Minced pork 5 % fat – 500 g.
- Prepare of Chorizo – 80g – diced.
- Prepare 1 of red onion (100g) – finaly diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic – finally chopped.
- You need of Wholemeal bagels (3).
- You need of Red cabbage 100 g – finally shredded.
- Prepare 60 g of leeks (finally shredded).
- It’s 1 of red apple.
- Prepare 100 ml of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of greek yogurt.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard.
- It’s of Flat leaf parsley (optional).
- It’s of Lettuce (I had some salad mix that I used for it).
- You need of Dried oregano.
While the slaw marinates, in a medium bowl, combine the ground pork (removing and discarding the paper lining from the bottom) and spice blend; season with salt and pepper. Add the apple(the apple should look almost like matchsticks). Pour over the cabbage and toss gently until coated. White Cheddar Turkey Smash Burger with Apple SlawSeconds. coriander, red onion slices, provolone cheese, celery stalks.
Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw instructions
- Heat up pan with little bit of cooking oil. Add diced onions and after that garlic. Cook for 2 min on medium heat. Add chopped chorizo and cook it for about 3 min until its carmelized. Add oregano.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients from the pan with minced pork and about 1 tsp of salt. Start making burgers. I used a metal ring and then flaten them up..
- To make slaw pickle red cabbage. To pickle quickly bring to boil 350 ml of water, white wine vinegar and tsp of sugar. Throw in shredded cabbage and bring to boil again. Leave for 5 min on the side. Drain properly and cool down. Mix cabbage, leeks, shredded apple and greek yogurt and chopped flat leaf parsley. Add splash lemon juice and check seasoning.
- Time to start cooking burgers. I cooked mine on bbq but they can be cooked on the preheated pan with little bit of oil..
- Toast bagels.
- Time to assemble and serve. Enjoy.
Miso-Glazed Chicken Burgers with Cabbage-Apple Slaw. For the red cabbage slaw. ½ head red cabbage, sliced on a mandolin. For the onion pickle, put the onion, lemon juice and salt in a bowl and combine gently with your hands. For the burgers, blitz the chorizo in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine.